I had a blog written, and it just disappeared, so this one is going to be a little shorter. What I did today:
-class at Dublin City College, Business School, lecture with the authors of our book, Leadership in Ireland
-2 guest speakers (who were interviewed for the textbook), one was the CEO of O2 Ireland, basically the equivalent of the CEO of Sprint. Rather fascinating to get leadership insight from a woman who's gone straight to the top of a huge corporation.
-My team and I interviewed the Lord Mayor of Dublin. That was amazing! I had coffee with the Lord Mayor on the table that they signed the declaration of Ireland as a republic. I didn't spill the coffee. The Lord Mayor shared a lot of stories and his view of business/politics/leadership, and all with a little cussing (the norm here). More stories on that later.
Ate a really good boxty- Irish potato pancake, with chicken and a heavenly sauce. Gave in and tried a Bailey's Irish Cream cheesecake. Delicious, but I had to stop short. Overall, it was a really long day today, so looking forward to a little cushion tomorrow to explore. And the Queen is here tomorrow! The public won't see her, but she'll be here.
Short and sweet, but I could use a little more sleep tonight. More tomorrow!
Picture of the Dublin Castle and Temple Bar District below:
I just posted a comment that disappeared. Hmmm. I love those cobblestone streets, but they do require sensible shoes.
ReplyDeleteThat cheesecake sounds delicious! Can you get some pics with you in them?
ReplyDeleteWhat a great experience to meet all these international execs. Love the pics. Enjoy an ale for me.
ReplyDelete